Weather and Travel: Conditions improving
AS conditions across the region begin to improve, drivers and rail passengers face improved journeys to work this morning.
Temperatures are expected to be around 2C today with clouds and a touch of drizzle, but little chance of snow.
The roads are becoming less hazardous but ice remains an issue on many rural routes and icicles are still causing havoc on the rail network.
As of 7.30am there were no reported major incidents causing delays on the road network in Suffolk and Essex but National Express East Anglia is operating a reduced timetable in some parts of its network.
A spokesman said: “We are running an amended timetable today to mitigate the impact of the very low air temperature.
You may also want to watch:
“Icicles are forming under bridges and making contact with the overhead power lines causing them to trip out, and compacted snow is building up in the doors and undercarriages of our trains causing some equipment to freeze up.
“Network Rail has patrol teams removing icicles as they form, and we have engineers at principal stations to attend to defective trains.”
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 Woman's body found in village home
- 5 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 6 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 9 How many of these 11 award-winning Suffolk food businesses do you know?
- 10 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
Train services between Norwich and London Liverpool Street will run as normal but the 7.05am and 8.11am departures from Stowmarket to London Liverpool Street were cancelled.
Services to Felixstowe, Great Yarmouth, Lowestoft, Sheringham and Peterborough will also run as normal.
Train services between Braintree and London Liverpool Street will only run between Braintree and Witham. Passengers for London are advised to change at Witham.
Train services between Southminster and London Liverpool Street will only run between Southminster and Wickford. Passengers for London are advised to change at Wickford.
Train services between Southend Victoria and London Liverpool Street will be reduced.
Metro services between Shenfield and London Liverpool Street will be reduced.
Train services between Marks Tey and Sudbury will run as normal.
Train services between London Liverpool Street and Clacton-on-Sea will run as normal.