Weather: Bin collections altered and cancelled due to snowfall
- Credit: Archant
SUFFOLK Coastal and Waveney District Councils have announced changes to bin collections due to the severe weather.
In Waveney, all collections have been cancelled due to the appalling weather in the district, making it both dangerous for the teams and impossible to get to the homes. These are now rescheduled for Monday.
In Suffolk Coastal all brown bins (food and garden waste) have been cancelled, but those teams have been switched to the blue and grey lidded collection rounds.
The Suffolk Coastal Service teams will attempt to get to every home due for a collection today and empty the grey lidded rubbish bins and the blue lidded recycling bins.
The weather may mean that not all homes due for a grey or blue lidded bin collection are accessible today, but any home not visited today, will be visited on Monday.
Brown bin collections on Monday have also been cancelled in the Suffolk Coastal region to enable teams to catch up with grey and blue lidded bin collections.
Brown bins due to be collected today or Monday will not be collected until their next scheduled collection – a fortnight later.
- 1 15 strikers that Ipswich Town could turn to for goals this summer
- 2 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 3 Plans for 20 homes in Suffolk village unanimously refused
- 4 5 miles of congestion on A14 after crash involving car and two lorries
- 5 Community sadness after death of man who was found in river
- 6 Fire crews tackle blaze for several hours at Suffolk farm
- 7 Woman freed from vehicle after car overturns near to shops
- 8 Family's support for 'mum-in-a-million' after double amputation for sepsis
- 9 Long delays on A14 near Ipswich after police called to hole in the road
- 10 Ipswich Town's 'true league standing' revealed in new survey
A spokesman for Suffolk Coastal said: “We would ask residents due a grey and blue lidded bin collection today to put them out as normal, but of course also be careful themselves as it may be very slippery underfoot!”