Weather: Chaos on the A12 clears
DELAYS on the A12 caused by snow, ice and broken down vehicles have cleared.
Motorists faced major delays at various points along the route as snow ploughs were brought in to clear parts of the carriageway near Ardleigh.
On the Colchester bypass in the northbound carriageway, between junctions 27 and 29, one lane was closed because of snow on the road.
One eyewitness, travelling to work in Felixstowe, was stuck in traffic for an hour as police sent gritters and snow ploughs through to clear the road.
He said his normal journey to work takes 45 minutes but today it took him an hour just to get to Ardleigh on the A12.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile in the southbound carriageway of the A12 a lane was blocked at Marks Tey, near to the junction with the A120.
A broken down vehicle is caused the delays with congestion building up.
- 1 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 2 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 3 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 4 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 5 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 6 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 7 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 8 Man and woman charged in connection with the theft of 85 dogs
- 9 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 10 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
There were also long-delays in the same direction near Kelvedon.
Meanwhile on the A140 in Scole, near Diss the road was partially blocked by an overturned car.
As a result of the accident there were delays in the northbound direction between the junction with the A1066 and Ipswich Road.