Weather: Delays cause misery for rail passengers
RAIL passengers are facing delays of up to an hour this morning.
The heavy snow fall yesterday wrought chaos on the railways and with as the cold snap shows no signs of thawing, there are expected to be problems throughout today.
A spokesman for National Express East Anglia said the weather has affected Network Rails infrastructure and NXEA fleet problems have added to the misery for passengers.
He said: “We do anticipate running a normal service, but there may be short notice alterations or cancellations.”
Services running through Colchester and Shenfield on the mainline to London Liverpool Street are dealyed by around an hour.
You may also want to watch:
Rail passengers are being advised to allow extra time for their journey and take extra care while travelling.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 4 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 5 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 6 Takeaway owner fined £3.5k after series of food hygiene breaches
- 8 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 9 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 10 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies