Wet and windy evening but clearing for a drier day tomorrow
- Credit: Archant
The wet and windy weather was set to continue tonight throughout much of Suffolk and Essex but there’s signs of better conditions for tomorrow.
It was a dry start to the day but rain swept over the region in the afternoon and into the evening to scuttle many of the events organised for the Bank Holiday Sunday with many people deciding to stay at home.
The beaches were devoid of people and wet weather gear and umbrellas were the order of the day and Jim Bacon, at the Weatherquest centre, in Norwich, said: “It’s going to be a wet and windy evening with rain particularly in the south of the region.
“But there will be a dry second half of the evening with a lot of cloud.
“There will still be a westerly breeze tomorrow but not as strong as today and it’s not been great today particularly if you are holiday on the coast.”
You may also want to watch:
He said that temperatures would be higher tomorrow reaching the 20C mark compared to some areas only recording 12C today.
“There won’t be a huge amount of sunshine tomorrow and there could be the odd spits and spots of rain coming through.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 6 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 7 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 8 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 9 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 10 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
“But the weather has changed and we won’t be having the wall to wall sunshine we have had throughout much of the summer,” he added.