Suffolk warned to expect more rain and possibility of more thunderstorms
- Credit: Charlotte Bond
Further unsettled weather is forecast for East Anglia this week with scattered showers and sunny spells expected.
Showers are highly likely this afternoon with some turning thundery with torrential downpours although temperatures could reach 22C in some places.
A yellow weather warning has been issued for thunderstorms and heavy rain today by the Met Office.
Zoe Johnson from the East Anglia-based weather forecasters Weatherquest, said: "Variable clouds, sunny spells and chances of showers for today, Monday, August 9 with showers becoming more frequent in the afternoon.
"A drier day for Tuesday with plenty of warm spells of sunshine with some patchy fair weather clouds developing at times with just the small risk of isolated showers.
"Another largely dry day on Wednesday with variable cloud and sunny intervals."
You may also want to watch:
Thursday is expected to also be bright with sunny spells, although some showers may be seen in the afternoon.
A breezy day is forecast for Friday with some sunshine, but is expected to stay dry.
- 1 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 2 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 3 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 4 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 5 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 6 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 7 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 8 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 9 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 10 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight