Heavy showers for Suffolk but temperatures are set to be EVEN hotter
- Credit: Archant
It is time to dig out your umbrella as rain is set to hit our region but once the downpour has cleared temperatures are expected to soar again.
You will be happy to hear that today is expected to be a dry day for Suffolk.
It is forecasted to be cloudy with temperatures of up to 26C-27C in the west of the region, 25C close to Ipswich and fresher near the coast.
Those hoping for a chillier evening will be disappointed as another humid night is in store with overnight temperatures of 12C/13C.
Tomorrow the weather is set to turn with rain forecasted in the afternoon for some of Suffolk.
Adam Dury, weather forecaster for Weatherquest, said: “Tomorrow morning will be dry but in the afternoon there will be thick cloud from the south causing isolated heavy showers in the west of Suffolk - with the rest of the region at risk.”
Temperatures are forecasted to be 24C-26C in most places tomorrow with showery light rain during the night.
- 1 Community sadness after death of man who was found in river
- 2 15 strikers that Ipswich Town could turn to for goals this summer
- 3 Fire crews tackle blaze for several hours at Suffolk farm
- 4 5 miles of congestion on A14 after crash involving car and two lorries
- 5 Boy, 14, arrested after serious sex attack in Suffolk town is released
- 6 Plans for 20 homes in Suffolk village unanimously refused
- 7 Some East of England Co-op stores unable to take cash
- 8 Bent names Town stars among his best-ever team-mates
- 9 Former Suffolk poultry farm site could be converted into homes
- 10 'New-look' Aldi store set to reopen in Sudbury, creating additional jobs
Thunderstorms have been predicted for the UK but Suffolk should miss out on these.
Adam Dury added: “The rain could turn thundery but there is a low risk of this happening, it should just be some showers.”
Once the rain has cleared temperatures next week are set to get even hotter.
Mr Dury said: “Monday and Tuesday is expected to see temperatures of 29C-30C, Wednesday will be slightly cooler at 27C-28C, Thursday 28C-29C and Friday at 25C-26C.”