Heavy rain on the way – but mini heatwave expected next week
- Credit: Archant
Rainy weather is expected to bring several days of balmy sunshine to an end today, with heavy showers predicted in parts of East Anglia.
Weatherquest forecasters say it will be a cloudy and damp day with showers spreading north throughout the morning.
However, it may be drier later on with some sunny intervals in the south during the afternoon.
Temperatures should only reach 14C in any sunshine, experts added.
Warmer weather should return again later in the week, with a small heatwave predicted and highs of up to 20C from Wednesday onwards.
You may also want to watch:
With the UK remaining in lockdown, our photographers have captured scenes of empty seafronts and beaches which would otherwise be full.
Emergency services, including police, fire and ambulance crews, have been warning people to respect social distancing measures and to ‘stay at home’ during the warmer weather.
Nearly 500 warnings have been issued to people flouting coronavirus lockdown guidelines by Suffolk police this week, sending a strong message to those not abiding by the new rules.
- 1 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 2 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 3 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 4 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 5 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 6 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-1 win against Fleetwood
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 9 Queen writes to Lily, 5, in reply to condolences card
- 10 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart