Christmas shoppers set to see sunny start to weekend
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk is set to see a sunny start to the weekend as Christmas shoppers descend on their local towns for one last chance to buy festive gifts on one of the busiest shopping days of the year.
Despite this bright start to the weekend, a band of rain will hit the county on Sunday with some heavy showers expected throughout the afternoon.
Fred Best, forecaster for Weatherquest, said: “Saturday looks to be mostly dry with some sunny spells during the morning. Some isolated showers cannot be ruled out however.
“It will become increasingly cloudy as the day goes on and by tomorrow there could be some rain, which could be fairly heavy and linger for much of the day.
“The wind won’t be as bad as yesterday, with some blustery wind by the coast, but by the end of the day it will become much calmer.
You may also want to watch:
“It looks to be dry overnight but that rain will stick around on Sunday until the early parts of Monday morning.
“Temperatures are looking around 10C today and slightly cooler tomorrow.”
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 4 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 5 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 6 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 7 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 8 'Next season we'll have a right go' - Roberts on Fleetwood win and Chambers' future
- 9 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win
- 10 The end of an era as Suffolk's last Debenhams store closes