More thunder possible over the weekend
- Credit: peter cutts
Weather forecasters have said there may be thunderstorms in Suffolk on Saturday - with the weekend expected to be wet and windy.
Saturday is forecast to be a wet day with a high chance of rain and temperatures not exceeding 14C.
Wind speeds are also expected to pick up, with gusts of around 23mph likely.
Further rain has been forecast for Sunday, though wind speeds are likely to be calmer.
Last month was confirmed as the driest and sunniest May on record in East Anglia with only 9% of its average rainfall.
You may also want to watch:
But the weather has taken a turn for the worse in the last few days, with weeks of unbroken sunshine interrupted by heavy showers.
Adam Dury, meteorologist at East Anglian-based forecasters Weatherquest, said: “Saturday will be quite blustery to start, with rain then coming southward.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 6 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 7 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 8 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 9 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
- 10 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week
“It could be quite thundery later in the day.
“On Sunday, there might be the odd shower at the start of the day, but nothing too heavy.
“Wind speeds are also expected to be lower.”