Weather: Freezing conditions to continue for week
THE freezing temperatures that have been experienced across Suffolk are to continue over the next few days, forecasters have said.
The mercury dropped to -10C last night, one of the coldest December nights for decades.
But Phil Garner, of meteorological experts WeatherQuest, based at UEA in Norwich, said the extreme lows that had been recorded over the past few days would not continue over Christmas, although things won’t be getting much better.
He added: “It looks as though, as we go through the Christmas week, we are going to see things get less cold, with a few light showers and bursts of snow.
“It will be very cold and frosty and we will still have some snow on the ground, with temperatures of about -5C or -6C.”
You may also want to watch:
There are some light snow showers predicted for Tuesday and Wednesday but conditions are generally expected to improve.
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 3 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 4 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 5 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 6 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 7 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 8 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Plans to convert pub into block of holiday lets withdrawn