Wet weather predicted for Christmas weekend
- Credit: Archant
Today’s weather in East Anglia has begun with showers and the wet weather is expected to continue up until the night before Christmas.
There are persistent light showers around this morning across Suffolk but the usual brisk cold of winter seems to have gone as the region is experiencing relatively balmy temperatures of 9-10C.
However, forecasters believe the rain will soon clear with areas in the north of the region already looking drier.
Temperatures will rise to the 10-11C mark as the dry weather begins to dominate.
Despite the mild weather we will see some westerly winds coming at higher speeds, with gusts of 35-40mph.
You may also want to watch:
Showers will return tonight and into Saturday morning, but the rain will clear heading into the afternoon.
Sunday is expected to be a mixed bag with the odd shower, dry weather and spots of sunshine at times.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 3 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 6 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 7 Cook on Chambers, Skuse and whether Fleetwood clash could be their final Town game
- 8 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 9 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 10 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
Drizzle is expected to return on Christmas Eve, with bands of rain coming in from the west.