‘A weekend of two halves’ - Both rain and sunshine expected
- Credit: Archant
The weather is forecast to be a mixed bag this weekend with fog, mist, rain and sunshine all predicted at some stage across the region.
Suffolk and north Essex looks set for a grey and foggy start this morning, with rain slowly spreading south-east for a cool, wet and windy afternoon with maximum temperatures of around 13C (55F).
The rain is expected to continue into the early evening before eventually clearing for a dry night.
A cold start is expected on Sunday but it should turn out to be a largely fine day across the region with well broken cloud, and it will feel a bit warmer.
Alex Deakin, meteorologist for the Met Office, said: “We should get one sunny day this weekend but most of us will get one wet one as well.
You may also want to watch:
“It may a bright start on Saturday but the rain will edge in. It’s going to feel cold wherever you are. With the wind and the rain temperatures are really going to struggle.
“A cold start on Sunday, but a very different day. In the south, it will feel a bit warmer than Saturday.”
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 5 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 6 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 7 KOA podcast special: Cook tells majority of Town squad they can go
- 8 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 9 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
“It’s a weekend of two halves.”
Looking ahead to next week, Monday and Tuesday are forecast to be dry before temperatures pick up heading into Wednesday and Thursday.