Weather: Latest update
FREEZING conditions are set to continue into the weekend as the county wakes up to another blanket of snow today.
The windy and bitterly cold weather will continue to bombard the people of Suffolk, while those in Essex will even get further snow showers spreading across the county later today.
Temperatures will stay around freezing during the day, dropping as low as -5C overnight.
But tomorrow will see conditions worsening, with heavy cloud and flurries of snow hitting the county throughout the day.
Temperatures will stay very low, and the region’s roads are likely to become very icy and treacherous, making for a difficult commute to work on Friday morning.
You may also want to watch:
Check the website for early morning travel updates and reports of any incidents.
There are no school closures to report, although Kirkley Middle School in Lowestoft will not open until 10am, and Benjamin Britten High School, also in Lowestoft, will be open only for Years 9 and 11 and the sixth form.
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 3 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 4 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 5 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 6 Mike Bacon: We needed an enormous brush.... And it looks like we are getting one!
- 7 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 8 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 9 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 10 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
Whatfield Primary School in Whatfield will also be opening at 9.30am for all pupils.