Weather: Maternity block basement flood caused by broken pipe as big freeze sets in
- Credit: Archant
A FRACTURED underground pipe caused a basement at Ipswich Hospital to flood in the early hours of this morning.
Fire crews were called at 2.28am to water in the basement of the Maternity Block at the Heath Road hospital
One crew from Ipswich East fire station arrived to find a large quantity of water from a fractured underground pipe.
Crews assisted engineers on site to isolate the affected pipe, before returning to their station to collect the Operational Support Unit, which carries more pumping equipment.
Water was then pumped from the basement.
You may also want to watch:
Crews returned to base by 6.14am.
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 3 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 4 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 5 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 6 Woman in master/slave relationship was asked to supply indecent images
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 8 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club
- 9 Another former Town player completes Colchester move
- 10 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140