Weather: More snow expected over weekend
- Credit: Archant
MUCH of Essex is this morning covered in a blanket of snow, while parts of Suffolk were coated in a fine layer overnight.
And there is more to come, according to the experts at Weatherquest.
Temperatures are likely to drop to a very unseasonal -3C overnight, turning snow to ice and creating treacherous conditions on the roads. It will be mainly dry, meanin
Cloudy skies will dominate on Monday, which is expected to be drier than the weekend with some bright or sunny intervals.
There will be a cold, frosty start on Tuesday, it will be mainly dry with some bright or sunny spells, but rather cloudy at times. The high will be 3C, with temperatures dropping to -2C in some parts.
There is a brighter outlook to Wednesday, which will again start chilly but sunny spells are expected, with temperatures rising to 5C.
For live updates, click on the link our homepage for our weather blog or listen to our podcasts, updated twice daily by Weatherquest.
- 1 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Sudbury river
- 2 14 players that could solve Town's left-sided problem
- 3 'We're blown away' - Classic car show visits care home after roadworks setback
- 4 Ipswich Town installed as early League One title favourites
- 5 Historic former pub with permission to convert into homes set for auction
- 6 Man left with head injury after attack in seaside town
- 7 Former Suffolk poultry farm site could be converted into homes
- 8 Homes destroyed after blaze breaks out in terraced housing
- 9 5 new places to eat and drink in Woodbridge this year
- 10 GALLERY: 'Stunning' turnout as Hadleigh Show returns after enforced break
What will you do this weekend? Send us your snow pictures by following the link to iwitness - or spread some warmth by sending us photos showing your interpretation of the word warm.