Weather: Rain and sleet will cause icy conditions
A MIXTURE of rain, sleet and snow is expected to make driving conditions difficult and hazardous tonight.
Drivers are asked to remain careful on the roads as forecasters announce that mixed conditions will leave untreated roads extremely icy.
Jim Bacon, a forecaster for WeatherQuest, said: “It isn’t going to be easy for drivers.
“Although the air is sufficiently warmer, there will still be a mixture of rain, sleet and snow tonight.
“The ground temperatures are still very low so it looks like there will be some icy conditions on the roads.”
You may also want to watch:
Snow and slush is still filling the roads and pavements of the region, but police confirmed that there were no current issues on the roads.
An incident earlier this afternoon caused minor disruptions for road users.
- 1 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 2 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 4 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 5 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 6 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 7 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 8 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 9 Truck's four-figure repair fee at Colchester garage left unpaid
- 10 Lorry 'not seen' by crane operator in container crush, port say
Emergency services were called to Goddard Road East in Ipswich at 2.30pm after two cars collided.
Ambulance attended the incident and treated a 65-year-old man for minor neck injuries.
Meanwhile, trains between Braintree and Witham have been cancelled by National Express East Anglia.
Other services, including the line between Norwich and London Liverpool Street are running behind schedule with delays of up to 15 minutes.