Sunshine and showers forecast for the weekend
- Credit: Kerry Pratt
The much-longed for heatwave is unlikely to arrive this weekend but the weather in Suffolk should brighten slightly.
Weatherquest meteorologist Fred Best said this weekend should bring some sunshine, but not to get your hopes up too much as pockets of rain and cloud are likely to return throughout.
He said: “The next few days are expected to be dry and we will see the sunshine break through for some reasonably decent weather.
“Saturday will start off sunny but there’s a weather front coming from the north west which will bring cloud and patchy rain overnight, meaning that evening and Sunday morning will be damp.
“On Sunday morning in the south east coastal areas the patchy rain should clear out with a few odd showers across the rest of the region.
You may also want to watch:
“On Saturday it will be generally bright with temperatures reaching between 24 and 25C, but Sunday will feel slightly cooler as temperatures will only be going up to 19 or 20C.”
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 3 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 4 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 5 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 6 'It could do us the world of good... it brings everyone down to earth with a little bit of a bump' - Cook on Millwall loss
- 7 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 10 Young couple locked up after falling asleep in car containing class A drugs