Sunshine and showers forecast for the weekend
- Credit: Kerry Pratt
The much-longed for heatwave is unlikely to arrive this weekend but the weather in Suffolk should brighten slightly.
Weatherquest meteorologist Fred Best said this weekend should bring some sunshine, but not to get your hopes up too much as pockets of rain and cloud are likely to return throughout.
He said: “The next few days are expected to be dry and we will see the sunshine break through for some reasonably decent weather.
“Saturday will start off sunny but there’s a weather front coming from the north west which will bring cloud and patchy rain overnight, meaning that evening and Sunday morning will be damp.
“On Sunday morning in the south east coastal areas the patchy rain should clear out with a few odd showers across the rest of the region.
You may also want to watch:
“On Saturday it will be generally bright with temperatures reaching between 24 and 25C, but Sunday will feel slightly cooler as temperatures will only be going up to 19 or 20C.”
- 1 WATCH: Therese Coffey 'walks out' of Piers Morgan interview on GMB
- 2 Ipswich Town 'disappointed' at newspaper stance - Evans stands by Lambert
- 3 COMMENT: Paul Lambert's record at Ipswich Town is not good enough - it's time for change
- 4 Closure of Debenhams stores in Suffolk and north Essex confirmed
- 5 Covid infection rate in Ipswich continues to fall below England average
- 6 Critical care full and nearly 700 patients fighting Covid in hospital
- 7 'I don't agree... I'm doing what's best for my career' - new signing Thomas responds to Ismael's 'unprofessional' accusations
- 8 The Verdict: More delusion and fabrication... Sorry Mr Lambert, this is simply unacceptable
- 9 Covid-19 cases continue to fall across region, latest statistics show
- 10 More than 1,700 Covid patients now discharged from hospitals