Weather: Seaside has first snow of the winter
- Credit: Archant
PEOPLE in Felixstowe woke to snowy scenes today after a night of wintry showers.
Up to two centimetres fell across the resort leaving cars, paths and roads covered.
Apart from a shower on Tuesday afternoon, it was the first snow of the big freeze for the resort – and the town was bracing itself for more later today and tomorrow.
Main roads – including Hamilton Road and High Road, East and West – had been salted and were all clear for traffic, but untreated side roads were icy in places.
Pavements were treacherous in many parts of the town.
You may also want to watch:
There was a light covering of snow on the beach – producing some pretty, wintry scenes.
All schools in the town and nearby villages were open, and the Port of Felixstowe’s operations were unaffected by the weather.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 3 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 4 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 5 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 6 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 7 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 8 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 9 25 of the best cafes for outdoor dining in Suffolk
- 10 Siegrist and Amos leading targets as Town step up hunt for new No.1