Weather: Snow brings halt to fun and games
A WHOLE raft of sporting fixtures, evening classes and cultural events have been postponed due to the grim forecast.
Football games due to be held across Suffolk this weekend have been cancelled, Ipswich Borough Council has announced today.
The council has decided to cancel all the games scheduled to be played on council parks and sports centre pitches because of the wintry weather conditions.
An IBC spokesman said: “This decision will preserve the pitches and reduce future cancellations.”
He said the Old Cemetery in Ipswich has been closed to vehicles and pedestrians until further notice because of the conditions.
You may also want to watch:
The Out of the Box Art from the Ipswich Art School session due to take place today from 2pm at Ipswich Art School has been cancelled.
At Suffolk New College all evening classes have been cancelled.
- 1 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 2 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 3 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 6 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 7 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 8 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 9 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 10 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
A spokeswoman said all evening courses have been snowed off, including Leisure Learning courses due to be held at the College, Farlingaye High and Orwell High Schools tonight.
While full-time courses are running as normal the spokeswoman said students on courses which start from 1pm are advised not to come into College.
In Maldon, Essex, the annual Victorian shopping evening has been postponed on the grounds of public safety.