Weather: Snow storms cause panic over travel
COMMUTERS are being assured that buses and trains will be running during the evening rush hour.
Panic is beginning to spread and workers fear they could be stranded in the office overnight. However, a spokesman for Ipswich Buses refuted claims services would cease this afternoon.
Colchester Town train station is currently closed as a result of a points failure but all other stations along the National Express East Anglia to London are fully operational, said spokesman Peter Meades.
He said there is an hourly service running between Norwich and Liverpool Street but other services were running as usual.
“We are working very closely with Network Rail and we are planning on running a full peak service.”
More snow is expected tomorrow and schools are already advising parents that start times will be delayed to allow teachers extra time to get in.
WeatherQuest experts predict it will be a cold and frosty night, with a minimum temperature of -4C.
- 1 Historic former pub with permission to convert into homes set for auction
- 2 Ipswich Town installed as early League One title favourites
- 3 GALLERY: 'Stunning' turnout as Hadleigh Show returns after enforced break
- 4 5 new places to eat and drink in Woodbridge this year
- 5 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Sudbury river
- 6 Excitement builds as Suffolk Show venue wakes up
- 7 'We're blown away' - Classic car show visits care home after roadworks setback
- 8 Homes destroyed after blaze breaks out in terraced housing
- 9 Mike Bacon: Luke Woolfenden.... going nowhere, going everywhere
- 10 'I keep selling out' - Mum-of-two dreams of fudge shop as business thrives
Tomorrow there will be a more snow and sleet early on, so drivers should expect further chaos on the roads.
However, as the weekend approaches the temperatures are likely to improve, there will be highs of around 3C and the snow will turn to sleet and rain.
For more weather details, or a specific forecast, speak to a Weatherquest forecaster on 09065 777675. Calls cost �1.50 per minute.