Weather: Spring is here but you wouldn’t know it
- Credit: Archant
EXPECT a wet and windy weekend with temperatures struggling to rise above 3C in most of the county.
The experts at Weatherquest are predicting today’s showers to get heavier as the afternoon progresses.
The forecasters said there could be heavy showers this evening, with temperatures dipping to 4 or 5C
It will be chilly to start with on Saturday, although there is unlikely to be much frost because of the strong breeze. There will be drizzly patches throughout the morning, with rain becoming more persistent in the afternoon.
We may be safely into March but it will still feel very wintery, with temperatures unlikely to rise about 2 or 3C.
You may also want to watch:
Sunday will be much the same, wet, windy and cold - so wrap up warm. See the podcast on our homepage for twice-daily weather forecasts from Weatherquest.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 4 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 5 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 6 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 7 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 8 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 9 'I loved my time here... I should have stayed' - Former loanee Jeffers back with Town in coaching role
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting