Weather: Temperatures plummet to -17C in Suffolk
Temperatures across Suffolk plummeted last night with some areas falling as low as -17C.
The west of Suffolk got the worst of the weather with Haverhill being hit with temperatures of between -16C and -17C while in Ipswich temperatures fell to around -10C.
People can expect similar weather overnight and a spokesman for Weatherquest said there will be some patchy rain as well, causing difficulties for motorists.
He said: “Temperatures this evening will drop back below freezing very quickly.
“There’s a chance of some patchy freezing rain or drizzle so we could get some sheet ice around.”
You may also want to watch:
Temperatures are expected to rise tomorrow to around 3C.
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 3 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 4 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 5 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 6 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 7 Woman in master/slave relationship was asked to supply indecent images
- 8 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 9 A12 clear after two-car crash at Farnham
- 10 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club