Weather: Temperatures plummet to -17C in Suffolk
Temperatures across Suffolk plummeted last night with some areas falling as low as -17C.
The west of Suffolk got the worst of the weather with Haverhill being hit with temperatures of between -16C and -17C while in Ipswich temperatures fell to around -10C.
People can expect similar weather overnight and a spokesman for Weatherquest said there will be some patchy rain as well, causing difficulties for motorists.
He said: “Temperatures this evening will drop back below freezing very quickly.
“There’s a chance of some patchy freezing rain or drizzle so we could get some sheet ice around.”
You may also want to watch:
Temperatures are expected to rise tomorrow to around 3C.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Woman's body found in village home
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 5 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 6 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 7 Wigan kitman Craney given Town coaching role by Cook
- 8 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 9 Rapist subjected two children to 'unimaginable ordeal' over five years
- 10 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge