Weather & travel: Cold start but no delays
- Credit: Archant
THE first flurries of snow of 2013 across Suffolk and Essex are expected today, with temperatures set to reach no higher than 2C.
Some parts of the region will experience some light snowfall this morning with more to follow this afternoon.
The road and rail networks are largely clear of delays, although an overturned car on the B1077 near Helmingham Community Primary School is causing some problems for drivers.
There have been some issues on the Greater network following over-running overnight engineering works, with some early trains between London Liverpool Street and Braintree cancelled, but all lines are now reopen and there are no further delays expected.
In Essex, the County Council is urging residents to travel with caution later this afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
The Essex Highways fleet of 60 winter gritting lorries will be treating roads across the county from midday and further runs will take place as required.
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 4 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 5 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 6 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 7 'It could have been a lot worse' - Thatched home owner thanks crews after fire
- 9 Woman in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 10 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered