Weather: Warm week in store for region
TEMPERATURES are set to soar to a balmy 27C this week as the region basks in glorious summer sunshine.
Forecasters are expecting readings well above the average for this time of the year, with the warm weather set to peak on Wednesday.
However, the sunshine may come at a cost with stormy showers also set to arrive over the coming days.
Chris Bell, a forecaster at Norwich-based experts Weatherquest, said the start of the new month today marked the beginning of a warm spell triggered by air coming up from southern Europe.
He said: “We can expect to see temperatures above average, into the mid-twenties. Wednesday will be the warmest, most likely.
You may also want to watch:
“The average for the time of year is about 21C, so we are about 6C above that.
“Most years you get to 30C once or twice but this will be one of the warmer spells we have had.
- 1 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 4 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 5 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 6 'I loved my time here... I should have stayed' - Former loanee Jeffers back with Town in coaching role
- 7 Stuart Watson's Verdict: Judge Chambers and Skuse's legacy by what their peers said
- 8 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 9 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 10 Woman taken to hospital after being hit by car
“The thing that may be a drawback is that we are likely to see some showers by Wednesday as well and these could be thundery showers.”