Weather warning issued for ice and snow in Essex and Suffolk
- Credit: Archant
Forecasters have issued a yellow weather warning for possible snow and ice across the region today and tomorrow.
The Met Office warns showers of sleet and snow are likely at times during Sunday and overnight into Monday.
Essex and Suffolk are most likely to see snowy showers – generally a mix of sleet and hail near the coastline – towards the end of the warning period, which runs from 10.55am today (Sunday) until midday Monday.
The warning also covers Scotland and the north of England, which is expected to be the worst affected.
Accumulations of 0-2cm of snow are likely in places at low levels, but locally 2-5cm over hills and where showers become aligned in bands.
You may also want to watch:
Ice will be an additional hazard overnight, particularly after showers.
The Met Office said: “Ice will also be a hazard on untreated surfaces, particularly between showers overnight, with those areas just inland from the coasts of eastern and southeast England at particular risk as the showers will fall as a wintry mix.”
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 3 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 4 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 5 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 6 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 7 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 8 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 9 Elections 2021: Tim Passmore re-elected Suffolk Police and Crime Commissioner
- 10 Inside Suffolk's own Repair Shop