Grey, misty and possibly thundery start to the day for Suffolk
- Credit: citizenside.com
Forecasters have warned of a foggy morning with a chance of thunderstorms across the county today before sunshine breaks through the clouds.
But towns and villages across Suffolk and Essex could see a brighter, sunny Sunday afternoon, they added.
A forecaster for Norwich-based weather company Weatherquest said: “It will be a grey, misty and mirky morning.
“This is due to a humid air mass coming from the east.
“All of Suffolk and Essex are at risk of showers coming from the north east - there’s a chance to hear some thunder too.
“Not everywhere will see showers today but there will be showers across the country heading into the afternoon.”
The humid air is set to bring some higher temperatures however as the day goes on.
- 1 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 2 New landlord hopes to make Suffolk pub 'centre' of village community
- 3 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 4 Seven players who could leave Ipswich Town this summer
- 5 A14 westbound reopens after crash caused 7 miles of delays
- 6 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
- 7 Conveyor belt which carried pig carcases across Suffolk A-road is demolished
- 8 Boy, 10, asked to get in car by two men near Sudbury
- 9 Boss McKenna on Town's 'challenging and important' pre-season schedule
- 10 New landlords take over award-winning pub and brewery in Suffolk village
“We should see some sunshine in the afternoon,” he said. “This is all due to the humid air mass, and it could see temperatures in some areas reach up to 16C or 17C in the sunshine.”