Suffolk weather forecast: Thunderstorms and heavy rain expected
- Credit: citizenside.com
Thunderstorms could hit Suffolk and north Essex later today, with the Met Office issuing a weather warning.
The yellow-level alert is in place between noon and 9pm today as heavy, slow-moving downpours develop.
Some places will miss these but other places could see a deluge of 10-22mm in a short space of time, with 20-40mm falling over two to three hours in a few places.
There is a small chance that homes and businesses could be flooded quickly, with damage to some buildings from floodwater, lightning strikes, hail or strong winds.
There is also a chance that some communities could become cut off by flooded roads.
You may also want to watch:
Power cuts are also likely to occur during the thunderstorms as well.
The showers are expected to subside during the evening.
- 1 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 2 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 3 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 4 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 5 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 6 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 7 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 8 Two arrested after man dies in crash
- 9 22 Suffolk schools have Covid-19 outbreaks
- 10 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic