Yellow weather warning issued for thunderstorms and flooding for next week
- Credit: Archant
A yellow weather warning has been issued for thunderstorms with a possibility of flooding in Suffolk this week.
The Met Office has issued the weather warning for Suffolk, with storms expected to hit the area late on Wednesday (June 16) and run through until Friday, June 18.
The weather forecasters said that "not all locations" will be affected but that some intense thunderstorms may occur - with the potential for travel disruption.
The weather warning added: "There is a small chance that homes and businesses could be flooded quickly, with damage to some buildings from floodwater.
"Torrential rain, hail, frequent lightning and strong gusty winds are possible.
You may also want to watch:
"Rainfall totals of around 30mm could fall in an hour, with some locations potentially receiving around 50mm in two to three hours, although these will be fairly isolated."
- 1 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 5 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 6 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 7 Ipswich Town 0 Crystal Palace 1: Zaha makes Town pay the penalty
- 8 Leisure centre closes after travellers park up on site
- 9 Town coach on Palace display, fans' return, transfer business and Evans' absence
- 10 7 pretty villages in Suffolk