Warning of thundery showers and heavy rain over the weekend
- Credit: Archant
The Met Office has issued a weather warning for rain and thundery showers over the weekend.
The yellow weather warning comes into effect at midnight on Friday night and lasts throughout the weekend.
It covers the whole of Suffolk, Norfolk and Essex, as well as much of the rest of the country.
It says there could be up to 10cm of rainfall in some places — causing flooding and travel disruption.
Heavy thundery showers are particularly likely on Sunday, along with lightning and hail.
You may also want to watch:
The Met Office says this is what to expect:
- There is a small chance that homes and businesses could be flooded, causing damage to some buildings
- Where flooding occurs, there is a slight chance of delays or cancellations to train and bus services
- Spray and flooding could lead to difficult driving conditions and some road closures
- There is a small chance that some communities will become cut off by flooded roads
- There is a slight chance of power cuts and loss of other services to some homes and businesses
- 1 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 2 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 3 Ipswich closing in on Coulson loan signing
- 4 Empty shelves as 'pingdemic' takes its toll on Suffolk's supply chain
- 5 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 6 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 7 New-look Cobbold Stand finished - and what a difference it makes!
- 8 Bonne on Chantry life, Town tears and meeting his heroes
- 9 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 10 Crash between two motorbikes