Weavers Tap pub opens in Sudbury following £325,000 facelift
- Credit: nick strugnell/UNP
An iconic Sudbury pub has undergone a £325,000 transformation with 15 new jobs created as a result of the investment.
The Weavers Tap opened on Sunday, March 4, replacing the old Silkworm in East Street, to suit the tastes of the “modern pub-lover”.
A launch night was held on Thursday, March 8, and South Suffolk MP James Cartlidge attended to view the new contemporary look at the pub.
Hal Pearson, manager, said: “This is a big boost to what’s been a gradual revolution of the town centre.
“We’re the icon of the millennial British pub - on trend day to night, authentic, sociable and diverse enough to suit all modern pub-lovers tastes.”
You may also want to watch:
The new pub will feature craft beer, sourdough pizzas and tapas, as well as entertainment from live music to retro board games.
A unique sports table service (beer to the table during big games) will be available with six screens showing BT and Sky Sports for all the televised sporting events, including pay-per-view.
- 1 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 2 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 4 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 5 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 6 Mike Bacon: Starting to walk the walk, I'm liking the way we move
- 7 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 8 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 9 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 10 'It's powerful' - Harper on Town's use of sports psychology
As well as sport, other weekly attractions include monthly live music, Wing Wednesday, a Saturday DJ; and Sunday roast and quiz night.
For more information, visit www.craft-pubs.co.uk/weavers-tap-sudbury