Cooler temperatures and showers follow heatwave
- Credit: Denise Bradley
The high temperatures and humidity of this week will be replaced with cooler weather and showers this weekend.
The past few days were the hottest of the year so far with temperatures topping 30C, but rain and highs of 22C are forecast for today.
MORE: Hottest day of the year gives seaside traders fresh hopeChris Bell, a forecaster with Weatherquest, did not forecast major thunderstorms, but there could be the odd rumble this afternoon.
“We have got a band of rain drifting across the area this morning. It will push across the county between now and mid to late afternoon,” he said.
But he said a lot of places would end up staying dry this afternoon.
A breeze will also help take the edge off the recent heat.
You may also want to watch:
“It will feel a lot less humid and hot than it has,” he added.
There may still be some showers overnight and into tomorrow, but most places would stay dry, Mr Bell said.
- 1 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 2 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 3 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 4 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 5 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 6 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 7 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 8 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 9 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight
- 10 Fiat 500 on its side after crash in Woodbridge
Highs tomorrow are expected to be 20/21C.