Suffolk weather: Sunshine in time for the weekend
- Credit: Gregg Brown
The thunderstorms have finally passed: clear air and sunshine are coming to Suffolk and Essex this weekend.
The last of the Met Office yellow weather warnings for thunder ended at midnight on Tuesday and no more thunderstorms are forecast in the region, with the muggy climate expected to lift on Wednesday and top temperatures of 16-19C in East Anglia, hottest in the west.
Patchy cloud and similar temperatures will be present from Colchester to Lowestoft - until things heat up for the weekend.
The warmest weather is due on Saturday, when spots like Haverhill will reach as high as 27C with clear skies.
Seafronts in Felixstowe, Aldeburgh and Southwold can expect cooler temperatures of about 21C.
Hayfever sufferers will continue to sneeze as the pollen count across the region remains very high until next week at the earliest.
- 1 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 2 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 3 New state-of-the-art army attack helicopters undergo testing in Suffolk
- 4 Patrols 'throughout the night' following dispersal order in Suffolk town
- 5 Young driver crashes car just a week after passing
- 6 Harper and El Mizouni made available for loan
- 7 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 8 Police warning after Suffolk driver speeds at 126mph
- 9 Bakinson's the 'mini Pogba' who has been a big hit on loan before and will now look to prove the doubters wrong
- 10 'Two suspicious individuals' spotted on primary school roof