Suffolk weather: Sunshine in time for the weekend
- Credit: Gregg Brown
The thunderstorms have finally passed: clear air and sunshine are coming to Suffolk and Essex this weekend.
The last of the Met Office yellow weather warnings for thunder ended at midnight on Tuesday and no more thunderstorms are forecast in the region, with the muggy climate expected to lift on Wednesday and top temperatures of 16-19C in East Anglia, hottest in the west.
Patchy cloud and similar temperatures will be present from Colchester to Lowestoft - until things heat up for the weekend.
The warmest weather is due on Saturday, when spots like Haverhill will reach as high as 27C with clear skies.
Seafronts in Felixstowe, Aldeburgh and Southwold can expect cooler temperatures of about 21C.
You may also want to watch:
Hayfever sufferers will continue to sneeze as the pollen count across the region remains very high until next week at the earliest.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
- 3 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 defeat at Northampton Town
- 4 Have you seen this Suffolk pub’s new outdoor kitchen and bar?
- 5 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 6 Why have ITFC's American owners issued £18m of new shares?
- 7 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 8 Grandfather-of-two 'died with dignity' in hospice while serving life sentence
- 9 A blow for Cook as trusted assistant Richardson gets full-time Wigan job
- 10 'We've got to be better - myself included' - Cook on 3-0 loss at Northampton Town