Storms to continue this weekend as heavy rain expected
- Credit: citizenside.com
After a stormy end to Friday further thundery showers are expected to hit Suffolk this weekend.
Forecasters at East Anglia based Weatherquest said that Friday's storms were passing through very quickly and would quickly head offshore, leaving a drier evening ahead.
The forecasters said that while there could be a few lighter showers on Saturday, conditions were unlikely to be the same as on Friday night.
However, on Sunday conditions could get stormy again with heavy rain and thunderstorms expected to be scattered around the county.
Temperatures on Saturday will reach around 17 or 18C.
You may also want to watch:
It will be a similar case on Sunday but temperatures could get as high as 19C.
- 1 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 2 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 3 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 4 Stu says: He's ours now! The pick-pocket and cheese-gate - Town's 4-0 win
- 5 A14 roundabout lanes remain closed as burst water main repaired
- 6 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 8 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 9 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 10 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout