West Mersea: House and garage fire leaves man injured
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 30s suffered minor injuries when a fire swept through a house and garage in north-east Essex.
Three fire engines and paramedics tackled the blaze at a home in City Road, West Mersea, at around 10.55am today following reports flames had engulfed the roof and a garage.
One man suffered smoke inhalation, an Essex County Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said.
An East of England Ambulance Service spokesman said crews treated a man in his 30s for “minor injuries”, adding he did not require hospital treatment.
The fire was put out by 11.45am. No other injuries were reported at the scene.
An Essex Police spokesman said the force was not involved in the incident.
- 1 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 2 Nine Ipswich players who could follow Nsiala out the door this month
- 3 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 4 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 5 'Versatile, hungry, athletic and technical' - McKenna on new signing Bakinson
- 6 See inside £1.25m bungalow for sale in one of Suffolk's 'poshest' villages
- 7 'I'm not bothered... he can go' - Pearson on Town target Bakinson
- 8 Town working on loan deal for Bristol City midfielder
- 9 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 10 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business