RNLI Lifeboat crew rescues entangled kite surfer from shores around Mersea Island
- Credit: Archant
The RLNI lifeboat crew at West Mersea have rescued a kite surfer from the island’s southern shore after his lines became wrapped around his legs.
The crew got the emergency call at 12.42pm today, Sunday, January 7, and launched their Atlantic 85 lifeboat Just George.
According to a spokesman for the RNLI, the kite surfer has got into difficulties after he became entangled with his lines, which has become wrapped around his legs.
A fellow kite surfer had heard his screams and headed back to the beach to call for help.
The volunteer crew quickly found the casualty off the southern shore of the island and fished him out of the waters.
The kite surfer had spent around an hour and a half trying to free his legs and untangle himself from his kit.
The West Mersea lifeboat picked him up, recovered all his gear and brought him back to the station to warm up.
- 1 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 2 Evicted Suffolk family of dying child given early Christmas presents
- 3 Man caught massaging woman's leg by husband viewing home CCTV
- 4 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 5 Suffolk beauty spots ranked among best in UK
- 6 Is this the cheapest house for sale in Suffolk?
- 7 Automatics out-of-reach and making the play-offs a real battle? The size of the task now facing Ipswich
- 8 'You can't kid supporters... we have to give them a lift' - Cook previews Crewe clash
- 9 JCB skip loader worth £5,500 stolen from Suffolk village
- 10 Willow Tree Farm Shop & Cafe: 'A lovely blend of upmarket and informal'