Arrest in alleged attempted murder stabbing
- Credit: Google Maps
A man has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder following a stabbing near Colchester town centre.
The 25-year-old from the London borough of Enfield was arrested on Wednesday, September 11.
His arrest follows the incident in West Street on Sunday, September 8, when a man in his 20s was stabbed following a reported argument in the street.
The suspect had been described as black, aged in his 20s and around 5ft 10in tall, of medium build, wearing a black tracksuit.
He was seen running in the direction of the Southway underpass.
The victim was rushed to hospital with life-threatening injuries but is now considered to be in a stable but critical condition.
Detectives are still appealing for witnesses following the incident.
- 1 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 2 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 3 Eight centre-backs Ipswich Town could turn to this month
- 4 Suffolk landlord 'over the moon' to be named pub of the month
- 5 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 6 Suffolk coastline to feature on BBC Winterwatch
- 7 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 8 Meet the man who has documented the entire history of a Suffolk village
- 9 Frustration as temporary traffic lights left in place for nearly a year
- 10 Shocked woman finds naked burglar asleep in her bed
They ask those with any information to contact the North Major Investigation Team on 101, quoting reference 42/144257/19.
Alternatively, information can be given anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.