Arrest in alleged attempted murder stabbing
- Credit: Google Maps
A man has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder following a stabbing near Colchester town centre.
The 25-year-old from the London borough of Enfield was arrested on Wednesday, September 11.
His arrest follows the incident in West Street on Sunday, September 8, when a man in his 20s was stabbed following a reported argument in the street.
The suspect had been described as black, aged in his 20s and around 5ft 10in tall, of medium build, wearing a black tracksuit.
He was seen running in the direction of the Southway underpass.
You may also want to watch:
The victim was rushed to hospital with life-threatening injuries but is now considered to be in a stable but critical condition.
Detectives are still appealing for witnesses following the incident.
- 1 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 4 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 5 'We've got to be better - myself included' - Cook on 3-0 loss at Northampton Town
- 6 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 7 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 defeat to Northampton
- 8 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 9 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 defeat at Northampton Town
- 10 Mega theme park plans 'could add to Essex traffic problems'
They ask those with any information to contact the North Major Investigation Team on 101, quoting reference 42/144257/19.
Alternatively, information can be given anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.