Bury St Edmunds care homes to host Macmillan coffee mornings
- Credit: Archant
Two Bury St Edmunds care homes are inviting people to join them for coffee and cake to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support.
On Friday, September 28, Davers Court and Glastonbury Court will take part in the World’s Biggest Coffee Morning and for a small donation to Macmillan, visitors will be able to enjoy a cuppa and a selection of homemade cakes and treats.
The Davers Court event will run from 10.30-noon, while the Glastonbury Court coffee morning takes place from 10am-noon.
Wendy Harvey, Davers Court home manager, said: “We understand how cancer impacts the lives of not only the people battling the illness themselves, but also the lives of all those around them – a sad reality which many of us know far too well.
“Taking part in the World’s Biggest Coffee Morning provides us with an opportunity to show our support to the fantastic Macmillan nurses and give thanks for all of the incredible work they do.”
You may also want to watch:
Sharlene Van Tonder, home manager at Glastonbury Court, said: “The event creates a lovely occasion to invite local people, family and friends to join us for a cuppa and a catch up while raising funds to support the vital services provided by Macmillan.
“It’s set to be a great event and we hope to see lots of people from the community here on the day.”
- 1 Matchday Live: Zaha puts Palace ahead from the spot
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 4 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 5 Two people injured after car flips over in east Suffolk
- 6 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 7 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 9 Restraining order for venue boss who intimidated council leader's daughter
- 10 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life