West Suffolk College accountancy tutor nominated for prestigious award
- Credit: Archant
A tutor from West Suffolk College in Bury St Edmunds who has trained hundreds of accountants has been shortlisted for a prestigious award.
Angela Demoore, subject leader in accounting and finance, says she was shocked to be chosen as a finalist in the Champion of the Year Award run by The Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT).
Angela, from Bury St Edmunds, spent 20 years in accounting before using her experience to shape and inspire the next generation of budding trainees.
She said: “I am humbled on a daily basis to learn of students progressing through their careers and seeing some change aspirations through a better understanding of the finance sector.”
The winners of the top finance competition will be announced at a dinner during the AAT Annual Conference on Thursday 7 June in Windsor.
The AAT is a UK qualification and professional body for vocational accountants, with more than 140,000 members worldwide.
- 1 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 2 Under-used council land to become sites for 3,000 homes
- 3 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14
- 4 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
- 5 New animal feed mill planned for Bury St Edmunds
- 6 Suffolk mass vaccination centre wants to jab 10,000 amid Omicron concern
- 7 'I thought he was going to Ipswich' - rival boss reveals Blues interest in right-back
- 8 55 projects identified in major plans to transform transport
- 9 Norwood on target as Town Under 23's sting Hornets
- 10 Weather warning issued as Suffolk could see snow fall tomorrow