West Suffolk College accountancy tutor nominated for prestigious award
- Credit: Archant
A tutor from West Suffolk College in Bury St Edmunds who has trained hundreds of accountants has been shortlisted for a prestigious award.
Angela Demoore, subject leader in accounting and finance, says she was shocked to be chosen as a finalist in the Champion of the Year Award run by The Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT).
Angela, from Bury St Edmunds, spent 20 years in accounting before using her experience to shape and inspire the next generation of budding trainees.
She said: “I am humbled on a daily basis to learn of students progressing through their careers and seeing some change aspirations through a better understanding of the finance sector.”
The winners of the top finance competition will be announced at a dinner during the AAT Annual Conference on Thursday 7 June in Windsor.
You may also want to watch:
The AAT is a UK qualification and professional body for vocational accountants, with more than 140,000 members worldwide.
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 3 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 4 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 5 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 6 Driver goes to court over speed camera calibration dispute
- 7 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 8 Plans for 170 homes in village outside of Ipswich
- 9 Managing director of popular zoos steps down after 28 years
- 10 'It was a surprise for a lot of us... but these are exciting times' - Gill on takeover