West Suffolk College students help to promote Thetford
- Credit: Archant
Students from West Suffolk College are helping to promote the image of Thetford as a great place to work.
Around 50 students are spending two weeks on work experience at companies in the town, which they will then represent at a student engagement event.
Students from five different departments at the Bury St Edmunds-based college are working with the Thetford Business Forum, in its tenth year, to promote companies in the town.
Media students from the college are also helping to produce a film to raise awareness of the dynamic companies operating in the town.
A special business and student engagement launch will be held at the college on Tuesday, March 13, when the Thetford Business Forum roadshow visits Bury. The event will include exhibitors as well as speakers.
You may also want to watch:
Organiser Valerie Watson-Brown, from Thetford Business Forum, said; “Thetford has an amazing business community with many market leaders based in and around the town.
“This includes multi-national companies working in technically advanced industries, making the town a perfect place for individuals looking for a career, or for companies looking to relocate.
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 3 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 4 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 5 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 6 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 7 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 8 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 9 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 10 Woodbridge 'cheese wedge' site goes back up for sale
“In its anniversary year the forum has set some strategic goals to raise the profile of Thetford as a great place to work and play.
“With the dualling of the A11 there has never been a better time to showcase what the area has to offer.
“Working with West Suffolk College members have developed a unique project to incorporate the rebrand of the forum as well as to work with students on developing a better way to engage with potential employees.”