Firefighters remove roof to tackle outbuilding blaze near chip shop
- Credit: MATT SADLER
Firefighters from three different stations in west Suffolk were called to extinguish a blaze that broke out in an outbuilding near a chip shop.
The fire started in a outbuilding of a commercial premises in Market Street, Newmarket.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service was called to the scene just after 4.50am.
Crews from Burwell, Mildenhall and Newmarket attended.
The fire service confirmed the flames had been fully extinguished - and recorded a 'stop message' - just before 6.35am.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said the fire started in a storeroom close to the Deep Blue fish and chip restaurant, and was 'heavily developed' when crews arrived.
He said crews removed the roof of the storeroom in order to access the flames and prevent them spreading further.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Controversial plans that would double village in size set for approval
- 3 Timeline: When can you expect to receive the Covid vaccine?
- 4 Electricity restored to almost 500 homes following power cut
- 5 Infection rates drop in Suffolk as UK records deadliest day of pandemic
- 6 Hadleigh rated as one of the worst areas for coronavirus deaths in England
- 7 Two more League One clubs make approaches for Ipswich Town defender Donacien
- 8 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
- 9 Church saved from collapse 'tragedy' after major cracks in walls appear
- 10 Covid vaccines cancelled at four Suffolk centres today – this is why