Firefighters remove roof to tackle outbuilding blaze near chip shop
- Credit: MATT SADLER
Firefighters from three different stations in west Suffolk were called to extinguish a blaze that broke out in an outbuilding near a chip shop.
The fire started in a outbuilding of a commercial premises in Market Street, Newmarket.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service was called to the scene just after 4.50am.
Crews from Burwell, Mildenhall and Newmarket attended.
The fire service confirmed the flames had been fully extinguished - and recorded a 'stop message' - just before 6.35am.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said the fire started in a storeroom close to the Deep Blue fish and chip restaurant, and was 'heavily developed' when crews arrived.
He said crews removed the roof of the storeroom in order to access the flames and prevent them spreading further.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 3 Why have ITFC's American owners issued £18m of new shares?
- 4 A blow for Cook as trusted assistant Richardson gets full-time Wigan job
- 5 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 6 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 7 French pop-up restaurant owner unveils new seaside hotel plan
- 8 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
- 9 Missing person from Braintree has been found
- 10 Husband pays tribute to 'soulmate' and mum-of-four after cancer death