Doctors at West Suffolk Hospital treating confirmed coronavirus patient
West Suffolk hospital have confirmed they are treating a patient who has tested positive for coronavirus.
In a post on the hospital’s website, officials confirm that the patient is currently being treated at the Bury St Edmunds medical site and that every precaution is being taken to prevent the virus from spreading.
MORE: Thee more people test positive for coronavirus in SuffolkMedical director, Dr Nick Jenkins, said: “Everyone has a role to play in helping to prevent the spread of infection. Please help by following the public health advice.
“To protect yourself, please be scrupulous with your hygiene and avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth and use and then bin tissues if you cough or sneeze. Thorough hand washing will help to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
“Patients who need to attend for urgent or emergency care should still come to hospital, as should patients with appointments unless contacted and told otherwise.”
MORE: Join our coronavirus Facebook page for updatesSo far, 18 people have tested positive for COVID-19 in Suffolk.
It is generally accepted that many more have the disease but have not been tested.
You may also want to watch:
Nationally, 5,683 people have tested positive for the virus. Of those, 281 have sadly died.
- 1 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 2 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 3 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 4 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 5 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 6 'A rut had set in and it needed to change... we will have got one or two wrong' - Cook on his Ipswich Town squad cull
- 7 Evans on Town's 'powerful' mantra, not shying away from favourites tag and working under Cook again
- 8 New plans for village cafe, shop and business units divide opinion
- 9 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash