West Suffolk MP attends first health fair
- Credit: Archant
Health secretary Matt Hancock was the guest of honour at an inaugural event designed to give Haverhill residents free and practical advice on living a more active lifestyle.
The Haverhill Health Fair was hosted by ONE Haverhill Partnership and Abbeycroft Leisure and supported by West Suffolk Community Engagement Group.
Mr Hancock, who is MP for West Suffolk, attended Friday’s event at Haverhill Leisure Centre – which included a range of information stalls organised by local groups and organisations.
Visitors were given the chance to benefit from useful and practical advice to encourage them to lead a healthier lifestyle.
The health fair was the brainchild of Michael Simpkin who said he was pleased with how it went.
You may also want to watch:
“The aim of the event was to give simple tips and advice on staying active, improving health and wellbeing and being an active member of your community,” Mr Simpkin said.
“We were really pleased with how it went and we would like to thank everyone who attended and supported it.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 3 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 4 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 5 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 6 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 7 West Suffolk restaurant named among best in the country
- 8 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 10 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
“The hope is that we will hold another Haverhill Health Fair in due course.”