Weston Homes extends sponsorship of Colchester United
- Credit: Richard Blaxall
A house-building firm has extended its sponsorship of Colchester United by a further three seasons.
Weston Homes has backed the U’s for the past two years and will continue to display its logo on first team home shirts for the next three.
The agreement between the club and the developer was signed yesterday at Colchester Utd’s ground, the Weston Homes Community Stadium, before the club’s victory over Barnsley in League One.
Bob Weston, chief executive officer of Weston Homes, said: “We have been a proud supporter of Colchester United for many years and we are delighted to sponsor the team kits for the next three seasons.
“Colchester has a fantastic community spirit and the Community Stadium is at its heart. We are delighted to provide continued support to the team and the local community.”
You may also want to watch:
Michelle Tricker, head of sales at the club, added: “We are grateful to Weston Homes for their continued support not only at this present time in League One, but also well into the future.
“Weston Homes have shown strong support for what the club is trying to achieve with its plans for the future in both the football side and in our efforts to work in the local community alongside our flourishing Football in the Community Programme.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 3 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 6 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 7 Cook on Chambers, Skuse and whether Fleetwood clash could be their final Town game
- 8 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 9 Why Cook has given Norwood Ipswich Town's captain's armband
- 10 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
“The Weston Homes Community Stadium forms an integral part of the local community and we are delighted that this is recognised by a developer who has also played a key role in the community by providing high quality homes to the local market.”
Weston Homes has a number of developments, including Hawkins Wharf in the Hythe area of Colchester.