Horse dies after collision with car
- Credit: Archant
A horse has died after a collision with a car on Saturday morning.
Police were called to Stowmarket Road in Wetherden at around 8.30am to reports of a collision close to the Maypole pub.
Upon arrival officers found the horse to be deceased, its rider is not believed to have sustained serious injuries.
An ambulance was called as a precaution.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said an investigation would be carried out into the incident.
There are reports of heavy traffic in the area following the collision.
- 1 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 2 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 3 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 4 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 5 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 6 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 7 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 9 Hitchhiker died after being hit by lorry wing mirror on A143
- 10 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries