Wetherden: Ex-Suffolk Show director charged over crash
A FORMER director of the Suffolk Show has been charged with dangerous driving following an alleged police pursuit through three villages and along part of the A14.
SUFFOLK: A former director of the Suffolk Show has been charged with dangerous driving following an alleged police pursuit through three villages and along part of the A14.
Peter Over, 48, a senior figure behind the annual agricultural event, was charged following the alleged incident on Friday evening.
Officers said they spotted a Toyota Landcruiser being driven dangerously in the Beyton area at about 7.10pm and began a pursuit when the driver allegedly failed to stop.
A Suffolk Police spokesman said: “The officers, trained in pursuit management, followed the vehicle through Tostock, onto the A1088, then the A14 and off again onto Wetherden Road where it was involved in a collision with an oncoming blue Mazda.
You may also want to watch:
“The driver of the Toyota, Peter Over, a 48-year-old from Elmswell, was uninjured and was consequently arrested. He has since been charged with dangerous driving and failing to stop for a police officer.
“He is due to appear at Bury St Edmunds Magistrates Court on Tuesday April 12.”
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 4 Busy high street taped off by police
- 5 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 6 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 7 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 9 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
- 10 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
Last night he declined to comment on the alleged incident.
The female driver of the Mazda was taken to West Suffolk Hospital with a broken arm and whiplash.