Wetherden: Man charged after police pursuit
A MAN has been charged with dangerous driving following a police pursuit through three villages.
The driver, a 48-year-old man from Elmswell, was spotted by officers allegedly driving dangerously through Beyton at about 7.10pm on Friday.
The driver of the Toyota Landcruiser allegedly failed to stop and officers began a pursuit.
A police spokesman said: “The officers, trained in pursuit management, followed the vehicle through Tostock, onto the A1088, then the A14 and off again onto Wetherden Road where it was involved in a collision with an oncoming blue Mazda.
“The driver of the Toyota, Peter Over, 48, from Elmswell, was uninjured and was consequently arrested.
You may also want to watch:
“He has since been charged with dangerous driving and failing to stop for a police officer. He is due to appear at Bury St Edmunds Magistrates Court on Tuesday April 12 2011.”
The female driver of the Mazda was taken to West Suffolk Hospital with a broken arm and whiplash.
- 1 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 2 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 3 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 4 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 5 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 6 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 8 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 9 Man and woman charged in connection with the theft of 85 dogs
- 10 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
Police are appealing for anyone who witnessed the collision or the pursuit to get in contact with Sergeant John Hawkes at the Roads Policing Unit on 01473 613500.