Wetheringsett: Homes safe after chimney fire spreads

TWO neighbouring properties were saved from serious damage this morning after fire broke out in a chimney.

Firefighters from Debenham were called to Station Road, in nearby Wetheringsett, just after 7.10am.

By climbing into the roof space of one of the shared properties, crews were able to tackle the worst of the flames before ventilating the building.

By around 8.30am the fire had been extinguished and the area was declared safe.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus