Wetheringsett: Jennifer Duffee completes her 12 sporting challenges
A WOMAN has raised more than �3,000 after completing 12 sporting challenges in less than a year.
Jennifer Duffee, 21, from Wetheringsett, has been climbing, running, sky diving, bungee jumping, swimming, cycling and abseiling for charity.
Miss Duffee’s final event in a gruelling year was the Ipswich Half Marathon held last month.
“The hardest event I completed was climbing Kilimanjaro. I got mild frostbite and contracted a virus after reaching the summit,” Miss Duffee said.
“However, it was the greatest experience I have ever had and was very happy to have reached the summit.
You may also want to watch:
“All the events have been a huge challenge for me, due to having scoliosis which has affected physical activity participation in the past.
“It was also difficult to combine fundraising and doing the events during my final year of my degree and more recently with work commitments.”
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 4 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 5 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 6 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 7 'It could do us the world of good... it brings everyone down to earth with a little bit of a bump' - Cook on Millwall loss
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
Miss Duffee has been fundraising for 12 different charities including St Elizabeth Hospice, East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices, Rape Crisis and Dyspraxia Foundation.
The former Hartismere Sixth Form student graduated in June from Brighton University with a sports science degree and is now a performance consultant for a British superbike team.
Miss Duffee has been heavily involved in voluntary sporting roles and has been a keen sports player since studying at Wetheringsett VCP School and Debenham High School.
To support Miss Duffee’s fundraising year go to the website www.justgiving.com/Jennifer-Duffee