Wetherspoon diners disappointed as chain cancels Tuesday Steak Club
Steak lovers were left in the lurch on Tuesday as Wetherspoon pubs were forced to scrap their regular Steak Club.
All 900 of the chain’s pubs were unable to serve steak due to a “supplier failure”.
Diners craving Aberdeen Angus rump steak, sirloin steak and gammon were instead offered quinoa and halloumi salad alternatives.
A notice given in the pubs read: “Due to a supplier failure, the following meals are unavailable: 8oz and 14oz Aberdeen Angus rump steak, 8oz sirloin steak, 5oz and 10z gammon.
“We are still able to offer our Mixed grill and large mixed grill meals, but they will be served with a grilled chicken breast instead of the Aberdeen Angus rump steak.”
You may also want to watch:
Disappointed customers took to Twitter to share their thoughts on the issue.
One user said: ”Oh dear steak night in Wetherspoons is not tonight. They have withdrawn all steaks. Issue with supplier.”
- 2 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 3 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 4 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 5 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 6 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 7 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 8 A14 closed after serious crash between van and car
- 9 How busy was Bury St Edmunds town centre as lockdown eased?
- 10 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
Wetherspoons have apologised to customers.
Their supplier Russell Hume told the Sun its meat was recalled as a “precautionary measure” because of mislabelling.
Steak Club is held on Tuesday nights at Wetherspoon pubs when diners can enjoy steak, chips, peas, tomato, mushroom and a drink for £7.