Wetherspoon diners disappointed as chain cancels Tuesday Steak Club
Steak lovers were left in the lurch on Tuesday as Wetherspoon pubs were forced to scrap their regular Steak Club.
All 900 of the chain’s pubs were unable to serve steak due to a “supplier failure”.
Diners craving Aberdeen Angus rump steak, sirloin steak and gammon were instead offered quinoa and halloumi salad alternatives.
A notice given in the pubs read: “Due to a supplier failure, the following meals are unavailable: 8oz and 14oz Aberdeen Angus rump steak, 8oz sirloin steak, 5oz and 10z gammon.
“We are still able to offer our Mixed grill and large mixed grill meals, but they will be served with a grilled chicken breast instead of the Aberdeen Angus rump steak.”
Disappointed customers took to Twitter to share their thoughts on the issue.
One user said: ”Oh dear steak night in Wetherspoons is not tonight. They have withdrawn all steaks. Issue with supplier.”
- 1 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 2 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 3 Fallen trees block Suffolk roads as Storm Barra batters region
- 4 Matchday Recap: McGreal's Town beaten at The Valley
- 5 Suffolk bin collection changes this Christmas: All you need to know
- 6 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 7 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Town's 2-0 loss at Charlton
- 9 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Charlton loss
- 10 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
Wetherspoons have apologised to customers.
Their supplier Russell Hume told the Sun its meat was recalled as a “precautionary measure” because of mislabelling.
Steak Club is held on Tuesday nights at Wetherspoon pubs when diners can enjoy steak, chips, peas, tomato, mushroom and a drink for £7.